• @SMAXownersclub on Twitter

• SMAX Owners Club Top Stories RSS Feed

by Published on 05-03-2012 19:34   

The more observant of you will have spotted a new tab directly above this article. ^^^^^

You should now be able to see "home" "forum" "what's new" and *gasps!* "search"

I have tasked the admins with writing a "how to" use this most modern of interweb technology.

Paul.
    by Published on 05-03-2012 19:30

There are several hand written envelopes heading out to certain members today [assuming that Mrs Admin has been to the Post Office today].

I am trying to catch up and I do apologise again for the delays caused by a missing email or two.

I have also sent another order to DMB Graphics for all new members who paid their subs between 19th Feb and 4th March 2012.

Paul.
    by Published on 19-02-2012 12:04

I think that I've found the source of the missing stickers.

Looks like the outgoing SMTP mail server that I use for the S-Max Owners Club has only been working some ...
    by Published on 23-01-2012 20:57

Please read this thread and contribute your ideas

http://www.smaxownersclub.com/forum/...at-Do-You-Want

Thanks,

Paul
    by Published on 10-01-2012 21:40

New Ford S-Max for Europe only

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-...pe-only/260855

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Ford S-Max not a ‘global’ model...
    ...unlike the next Mondeo

Due in 2014; Galaxy, too

"A new Ford S-Max is due in 2014 and, unlike the new Mondeo it’ll be based on, it will be produced for Europe only.

The new Mondeo, revealed at the Detroit motor show yesterday, will be virtually identical in all markets, as part of the ‘One Ford’ strategy to produce global models.

However, at an exclusive preview of the new Mondeo, Ford executives told What Car? that the next S-Max won’t be sold in the US, so will be developed exclusively for European markets.

MPVs have limited – and diminishing – appeal to US buyers, so the practical option developed from the same platform is likely to be a crossover/SUV-style vehicle for US buyers.

The next S-Max is due on sale in 2014, and is likely to be revealed in concept car form within the next 18 months. It’s expected to stay close to the current car’s ‘sporty-but-practical’ ethos and will use the same range of engines as the new Mondeo. The seating system is likely to be a development of the current car’s folding set-up.

Our sources also confirmed that a separate – but closely related – Galaxy is due at the same time and that Ford is not considering combining the two cars into one new model.

As with the current car, the next Galaxy will share many parts with the S-Max, but have a higher, longer body for more interior space."

Source: whatcar.com
    All Rights Reserved
    by Published on 10-01-2012 10:42

SURVEY FINISHED - thank you everyone

So we can design the S-MAX Owners Club website to be as accessible as possible please ...
    by Published on 03-01-2012 23:52

Hi everyone

Over the past 18 months a great deal has happened to the S-MAX Owners Club website hopefully without many of you actually noticing.

We've moved to a different server, achieving an uptime of over 98% in the last 12 months, changed our home to a .com, upgraded and streamlined many aspects of the site and the way it is seen by visitors and Google. All of this is aimed at making the website and forum the best possible independent resource we can for S-MAX owners.

2012 sees the next step, a series of rolling upgrades to the site, which we hope you will certainly notice and like, as it concentrates on how it looks and works, however we thought we would start everyone off gently...

This 'new look' has been tested by the staff and our testing group for a long time now and it's high time it saw the light of day, so we are now going to make it the default for the website.

If you preferred the old 'look' you can still use it, please scroll down to the bottom left of your screen and look for a drop down menu that says SMAXOC v1.1, click that and you can revert back to the old v1.0 if you choose to. We have had some feedback that some people prefer the very low key look of the now 'old' site, and rest assured this option will be available for the foreseeable future should you require it.

Hopefully everyone will like what we've done.

Watch this space, 2012 will see more functionality and usability added to the S-MAX Owners Club website.

many thanks
    Zozzer and the webteam